Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby Blanket #3 - Changing your mind mid project

So, earlier I had posted what colors of yarn I was going to do.  When I realized, I didn't like the color combination as I worked on it.  So what I did was go straight to my 30 gallon yarn tub and look at what yarn I had to go with the yarn I still wanted to use (the blues).  I primarily changed this because the baby's room theme is Peter Rabbit.  After reviewing the book (nothing like a good picture book), I decided the yellow, light tan, and cream were ok, but didn't really match anything in the book as well as the grass geen and the medium tan and chocolate brown. 
Here are some of the partial squares.  I am going to do one more round in an alternating color, mixing the colors up. 

Here is a completed white square.  The idea is to have a total of 4 to use at each corner of the baby blanket.
 Here is the Chocolate brown partial square.  I plan to use the medium blue as the outer edge. 
 Here is the medium tan partial square.  I plan to use the grass green as the outer edge
 Here is the baby blue partial square.  I plan to use the navy blue as the outer edge.
 Here is the navy blue partial square.  I plan to use the  medium blue as the outer edge.
 Here is the medium blue partial square.  I plan to use the medium tan as the outer edge
Here is a Bright blue (I didn't originally have this one to use) partial square. I plan to use the grass green as the outer edge
Here is the grass green partial square. I plan to use the  bright blue as the outer edge

I am thinking about adding one more color, but it is hard to find a good honey gold that is commonly seen in the Peter Rabbit pictures.  If it is added, one of the double grass greens will be changed to goldenrod. 

Now on to the next step! 

Crafty by default,
Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment