So for today's Ingenious Friday, we are talking about a piece of clothing close to my heart. Almost everyone of us has at least a few in our closets, and at times they can be a mandatory wardrobe when it comes to cleaning the house or working outside. T-shirts have been the staple of clothing for years, so why not pull out that old t-shirt you haven't worn in ages and give it some new life?
So what can you do with an old t-shirt?
- Tye-dye the t-shirt... Especially if it is a white t-shirt with stains. Tye-dying will cover up all sins of a white t-shirt.
- Upcycle your t-shirt: Turn it into a skirt, change the collar, make it sleeveless, turn it into a dress, and the list goes on! What ever your mind can come up with, you can try it when upcycling your t-shirt.
- Making a t-shirt memory quilt. This does require some extra patience, since most t-shirts are mixed fabrics with spandex, cotton, polyester, and other ingredients. When preparing to sew a t-shirt quilt, just remember not to pull too hard on the t-shirt fabric. It can make it uneven.
- Turn the t-shirts in to pillow cases. Turn the t-shirt inside out, sew the arm holes and neckline shut and cut the sleeves off. Works best with smaller pillows.
- Turn it into yarn! This personally is my favorite, and why not? Who doesn't love a good ball of yarn. Just cut the t-shirt into consistent strips and either sew or knot the ends together.
- Make jewelry or hairpieces out of the old t-shirt.
Crafty by Default!