Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Washer and Dryer inspires GREAT crafts!

So, to my joy and celebration, I got a used washer and dryer from someone this weekend.  I had to thus re-arrange my kitchen (btw, old farm house + new appliances = No Sense in how things are arranged!).  Because of this, I needed to figure a way to hold certain items and to do a schedule for laundry/other events.  

So first, I built a shelf.  This particular one is called a missionary shelf (I don't know why, but it is functional for holding my Purex 3-in-1 detergent and my keys/pocket remnants).  I actually built 2, but I'm going to have to find a good place to put it.  Though, I'm thinking about putting it by the door, which would make it easier for me to use for things like mail and keys.  
The second thing I made (though I had made it earlier, but hadn't actually used it much), was my Memory Box To-Do List.  I painted the memory box in Almond, and put in red/pink striped and gingham Memory Book paper with Silver and black stickers.  I use a Expo dry-erase marker for writing on it.  I plan to use it to write which days are laundry days once I catch up on all my laundry.  



So with all this fun, you can be sure more arts and crafts are on their way.  The dryer (no pic yet) has a rusted top, just superficial, but I'm thinking of ways to make it look decent.  Also, I need to find 2 floor shelf systems to fit into the tight spaces to hold other laundry supplies.  At this time the measurements are a bit awkward, but maybe I'll be making some shelves.  Stay tuned for more on this laundry front.

Crafty by Default,

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment